Thursday, January 14, 2010

Elsa's Snake

I got the snake finished in time for Elsa's birthday party. I was really tickled with how it turned out. It looked great once it was stuffed. Here are a couple of pics: 










I've been working on a stuffed snake for Elsa. The pattern is from Rumpled Quiltskins. I love her animals. I made the elephant for Reid a couple years ago.

For the snake I created a piece of fabric for the contrasting fabric:



Then constructed the top of the snake.













Here's a picture of it sewn together and waiting to go into the washer and hot dryer to shrink the muslin inside to make it wrinkle. When it comes out of the dryer it will get stuffed and get its eyes put on.






I haven't checked my resolution list in a while now so have fallen behind on it. I have continued to track my food for weight watchers, though. Lost 1.2 pounds last week. Now to see if I can lose some again this coming week.

Didn't get any letters written this past Sunday. I forgot about it. I guess I should put it on the calendar. This coming Sunday I have my art quilt group and we'll also have Reid here so I probably won't get it done again unless Reid will sit down with me and write a letter. He loves mail so that might work.

2 Comments:

At 06:30 , Blogger beth said...

I LOVE the snake! You're almost there...just the stuffing and eyes? The bright yellow is so cheery!

 
At 20:13 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi - I'm the pattern designer - and I LOVE what you made. The crazy quilt top is inspired! Thanks for sharing him on your blog. Congratulations on a job well done.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home